Operating Under Level 2
Published on 12 August 2020
**Update – 14 August 2020**
Opening hours are now as follows:
- Te Takeretanga o Kura-hau-pō: Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm. Saturday and Sunday closed.
- Te Awahou Nieuwe Stroom: Monday - Sunday 10am - 4pm.
- Shannon Library: Monday - Friday 10am - 1pm. Saturday and Sunday closed.
All of our Horowhenua Libraries will continue to open under normal hours during Alert Level 2.
Our teams are now following all relevant guidelines to ensure that our spaces are safe and healthy, with:
- Hand sanitisers.
- Signage to help mark out spaces.
- Contact tracing up and running for everyone’s protection.
All The Things you need to know about your visit
There will be one entry and one exit point at each of our facilities:
- Te Takeretanga o Kura-hau-pō, main carpark entrance.
- Te Awahou Nieuwe Stroom, main entrance.
- Shannon Library, main entrance.
Public computers are still available but are limited due to physical distancing measures.
Please continue to return items in our usual slots.
You can continue using eBooks and our online services insert hyperlink.
To help everyone keep safe and well. You must:
- Stay home if you are unwell.
- Sign in, as we will be following all contact tracing guidelines set out by the government.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Follow the 2 metre physical distancing rule.
- Public computers are still available but with limited availability due to physical distancing measures.
- Wifi is available but you are required to observe the 2 metre physical distance from other people.
Some library programmes are going ahead at the moment but with contact tracing and physical distancing measures in place:
Winter Warmers Reading Programme – report-ins continue
Postponed programmes until further notice:
Lego Cubs at all Library sites
For our most up to date information please visit our social media pages to find out about our online programmes and services.
You can also contact Libraries Horowhenua by email ([email protected]) or phone 06 368 1953.
The Library Cafe is still open and following social distancing and seating and ordering guidelines according to government advice.