Operating Under Level 2 February 2021
Published on 15 February 2021
Operating under Level 2
All of our Horowhenua Libraries will continue to open under normal hours during Alert Level 2 - EXCEPT on Wednesday where Te Takeretanga o Kura-hau-pō will open 10am to 5.30pm.
Our teams are now following all relevant guidelines to ensure that our spaces are safe and healthy, with hand sanitisers, signage to help mark out spaces and contact tracing up and running for everyone’s protection.
***Things to note***
- There will be one entry and one exit point at each of our facilities.
- All programming is cancelled until further notice.
- The Youth Space will be closed until further notice.
- Please follow all level 2 advice. You can find more information here:
Things you need to know about your visit
There will be one entry and one exit point at each of our facilities:
- Te Takeretanga o Kura-hau-pō main carpark entrance.
- The Youth Space and its entrance will be closed until further notice.
To help everyone keep safe and well. You must:
- Stay home if you, or anyone in your bubble is unwell.
- Sign in, as we will be following all contact tracing guidelines set out by the government.*
- Use the hand sanitizer provided
- Follow the 2 meter physical distancing rule
What else should you expect?
- Public computers are still available but with physical distancing measures.
- Wifi is available but users are required to observe the 2 metre physical distance from other people
- Justice of the Peace (JP) services will continue to be available until further notice.
- No library programmes will be running during Alert Level 2, but please visit our social media pages to find out about our online programmes and services.
- You can continue using eBooks and our online services
Find out more about:
*How will you use and store contact tracing information?
The Council will hold the contact tracing information securely stored in the cloud for 60 days. It will only be shared with Ministry of Health or District Health Board for contact tracing purposes only. After 60 days it will be deleted. The data will not be used for any other purpose other than contact tracing. Security testing has been done on the solution to ensure data is secure and not able to be accessed by third parties.
You can contact Libraries Horowhenua by email ([email protected]) or phone 06 368 1953.