Our eLibrary is accessible 24/7, regardless of if we are physically open or not. Reading digitally or listening to eAudiobooks is a great way to enjoy your reading material, from wherever you are.
If you are a registered member or eMember of Libraries Horowhenua, you can access our eLibrary for free.
Currently we have two platforms available in our eLibrary:
- OverDrive, also available as the user friendly app Libby.
OverDrive is a popular option for eBooks and eAudiobooks, with thousands of titles to enjoy. The original OverDrive site is ideal for use with Kobo's and compatible eReaders, or for reading in your web browser.
Libby is the streamlined and user friendly app, ideal for use with devices that can download apps (iPad, tablets, phones etc.) or for reading in your web browser.
- Lingogo is a Library app dedicated to epic stories in indigenous languages. Read and listen to Te Reo Māori and Pasifika stories using the unique and interactive dual-language format. Perfect for readers of all ages and levels.
Keep an eye out, we will be adding more options to our eLibrary over the coming months.
To access our eLibrary you will need:
- A Libraries Horowhenua membership or an eMembership.
- A password or pin set on your card.
- No fines exceeding the borrowing cap.
How it works:
- Visit our digital catalogues by OverDrive / Libby and Lingogo.
- Find our library (Libraries Horowhenua / Horowhenua Library / Horowhenua District Libraries) and login with your card number (starts with W000) and password or pin.
- Get browsing and borrowing!
- If you do not know your password or pin, phone us on (06) 368 1953 or email us at [email protected]
eMembership is an option for those who don't require a traditional membership. Becoming an eMember of Libraries Horowhenua will give you access to:
eMembership is available to new members only. If you have an existing Libraries Horowhenua membership, you will be able to access our eLibrary with your card number and password or pin.
To sign up, complete the form below and we will be in touch with your membership details.
Click here to view form.