Our eLibrary is accessible 24/7, regardless of if we are physically open or not. Reading digitally or listening to eAudiobooks is a great way to enjoy your reading material, from wherever you are.
If you are a registered member or eMember of Libraries Horowhenua you can check out eBooks, eAudiobooks and other digital media for free, through oureLibrary.
Currently we have four platforms available in our eLibrary:
- OverDrive, also available as the user friendly app Libby.
OverDrive is a popular option for eBooks and eAudiobooks, with a regularly updated collection of 35,000+ titles to enjoy, at all levels and including different language options. The original OverDrive site is ideal for use with Kobo's and compatible eReaders, or for reading in your web browser.
Libby is the streamlined and user friendly app, ideal for use with devices that can download apps (iPad, tablets, phones etc.) or for reading in your web browser.
- CloudLibrary is a fantastic ePlatform for eBooks and eAudiobooks. Whether it's via the app, on the web or on your device of choice, CloudLibrary can be enjoyed seamlessly. Content ranges from Children's through to Adult's, curated shelves and simple-to-use searching means your next great read is only a click away. Cloud Library cna often have less wait times for more popular items, as well as the potential for simultaneous issues on the same book. It has a vast collection of 200,000+ titles, including content in other languages.
- hoopla is a unique content streaming service for libraries. With hoopla you can instantly have access to more than 700,000 titles to read, listen to and watch. hoopla is committed to delivering a fantastic array of eBooks, eAudiobooks, music, comics, graphic novels, movies and TV shows, in the most streamlined way possible. The hoopla collection includes fan favourite movies, new albums, bestselling titles, exclusive STEM educational content, BBC TV and Acorn TV series, Pottermore Publishing content and more. You can have 10 hoopla issues per month with your Libraries Horowhenua membership.
- Lingogo is a Library app dedicated to epic stories in indigenous languages. Read and listen to Te Reo Māori and Pasifika stories using the unique and interactive dual-language format. Perfect for readers of all ages and levels.
Keep an eye out, we will be adding more options to our eLibrary over the coming months.
To access our eLibrary you will need:
- A Libraries Horowhenua membership or an eMembership.
- A password or pin set on your card.
- No fines exceeding the borrowing cap.
How it works:
- Visit our digital catalogues by OverDrive / Libby, CloudLibrary, hoopla and Lingogo.
- Find our library (Libraries Horowhenua / Horowhenua Library / Horowhenua District Libraries) and login with your card number (starts with W000) and password or pin. For hoopla, you will need to sign up first using your email, before logging in with your library card.
- Get browsing and borrowing!
- If you do not know your password or pin, phone us on (06) 368 1953 or email us at [email protected]
eMembership is an option for those who don't require a traditional membership. Becoming an eMember of Libraries Horowhenua will give you access to:
eMembership is available to new members only. If you have an existing Libraries Horowhenua membership, you will be able to access our eLibrary with your card number and password or pin.
To sign up, complete the form below and we will be in touch with your membership details. Please note our eMemberships are only available to residents of the Horowhenua.
Click here to view form.