Your Library From Home
Explore all the library services that you can access from home! All you need is your library card and password, and you’ll have the library at your fingertips, anytime, anywhere.
All of these resources and services are available for free with your Libraries Horowhenua membership. If you have a library card but are unsure of your password, you can call us on 06-3681953 or email [email protected] to reset it.
Not a Libraries Horowhenua member? No worries! If you are a resident of the Horowhenua, you can sign up for an eMembership from home. This will give you full access to our eLibrary and online resources. Sign up here.
Need something to read, listen to or watch? Try our eLibrary:
Our eLibrary is accessible 24/7. Access 1000’s of resources for free with your library card and a suitable device. eBooks, eAudiobooks, graphic novels, comics, movies, newspapers, magazines, TV shows and music… we have something for everyone.
- Libby is the user friendly app for our OverDrive collection. With over 35,000+ titles to enjoy, it is a popular option for eBooks and eAudiobooks.
- Cloud Library has over 200,000+ eBook and eAudiobook options, and can often have less wait times, as well as the potential for simultaneous issues on some titles.
- Lingogo is a unique library app packed with Māori and Pasifika stories. Its dual-language format helps readers of all ages and levels learn.
- Hoopla is our multi-media content streaming service. You can instantly access more than 700,000 titles to read, listen and watch. No wait times! Graphic novels, movies, TV shows, music, eBooks and eAudiobooks, all on Hoopla.
- Press Reader is the best place to read newspapers and magazines from across the globe. You can access Press Reader from home via our Libraries Horowhenua website, or the app. When using the app, you can find us under ‘Horowhenua District Council’.
Find out more information on our eLibrary here.
Need something to learn or discover? Try our databases / Online Resources:
We have plenty of digital databases and online resources to keep your mind busy. Things like the Haynes Manuals, Papers Past and My Heritage are available through our Libraries Horowhenua website. Just log in using your card number and password, and select ‘Online Resources’.
You can also explore our online local history archive Kete Horowhenua. Learn about our local history, or make an account and contribute your own memories.
Need books delivered? Try our free Homelink service:
If getting into the library is hard for you, let us bring the library to you!
Our Homelink delivery service is available to all our customers. Fill out the registration form, let us know what books you’re interested in, and we can select the best material for you.
Find the Homelink registration form here.
Need internet? Try Skinny JUMP:
If you don’t have a home broadband connection because cost is a barrier, Skinny JUMP might be for you.
Skinny JUMP is a flexible, prepaid broadband plan that can be as low as $5 per month.
Find out more about Skinny JUMP, and check that your address is in coverage here.
If you would like to talk to someone about eligibility or signing up, contact Leala on 06-3681953 or [email protected]