This workshop is for families with children up to age 18 who do not have an internet connection in their homes. Participants will:
- Learn about the Spark Jump pre-pay wireless internet service
- Check their home addresses for 4G or 4G 700 coverage
- Sign a Kawa of Care agreement
- Set up an email address (for people who don't already have one)
- Register online with Skinny for the Spark Jump service
- Power up a wireless modem and test that it is operational
- Enter the WiFi code into a digital device (smartphone, tablet or laptop computer)
- Learn how to top up the data allowance each month
- Take the modem home to provide a working internet connection
This workshop is only for eligible families:
- Carers of children (up to age 18)
- Households that do not already have an internet connection
If participants already have an email address, they must bring this and their password to the workshop, as it will be required for registering for the Spark Jump service. Participants who do not have an email address will have the opportunity to set one up at the workshop.
Participants should also bring a digital device (smartphone, tablet, Chromebook or laptop computer) so they can test the connection is working.
Register now for this course.
Wednesday, 27 February 2019 | 06:00 PM
- 08:00 PM
Tuesday, 19 March 2019 | 10:00 AM
- 12:00 PM
Te Takeretanga o Kura-hau-po , 10 Bath Street, Levin 5510 View Map